Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter 2008

Easter was a little hectic this year. We had 7 services at the Long Point campus this weekend, so I spent the majority of my time at church. I was able to sneak away for a few minutes to spend time with Clay & the kids at Lee & Martha Ann's house.

Here are a few quick pictures we were able to get before I had to leave. I really was hoping for one good family photo, but again no such luck. Maybe next year!














Here are some pictures from church. The halls were decorated with kids' artwork. here are some of my favorites. One was created by using Dum-Dum wrappers!












We had over a thousand kids this year....not exactly sure what the final count was, but it was fun seeing all the families dressed up for Easter. We had a drama in the elementary dept featuring the Anti-Easter Man. (Don't worry - he changed his ways in the end!) Mr. Scott gave a powerful easter message to the kids. The worship was amazing (grace) - good job Melissa! Brittany, Jessi & Lauren all gave stellar performances in the drama. I wish we had videoed it - I think we forget to do that every year. I even got to have a part in one of the shows. I played a country girl - it was a real stretch for me! : )










All in all, it was a great Easter! And I'm so thankful for a day off to rest today. : )


3 comments:

Super Rog said...

My favorite submission to the "art wall" was the 5 year old that spelled Jesus as "Jezess"

The Delaney Family said...

Looks like you all had a great time. I am (sort of) sad that I missed it. :)

Velocity Sisters said...

Look... Brittany made it on your blog!!