Wow. Seriously? Its been WEEKS since I have last blogged. Sounds like a beginning to a Catholic confession. Maybe I should do 10 Hail Marys and call it a day? Anyway, I am so sorry that it has taken me this long to update this thing. Where do I begin? Hmmmm......I'll just bullet it all for now. Pictures may soon follow.
Thanksgiving was great:
- We went to Stuckey and visited with everyone. Deck & Shannon had us over for dinner. Sue knitted me a great shaw. Cody loved playing with Heath and Abby was in Heaven playing with Willow. I wish they lived closer.....they love their cousins!
Trip to Charleston:
- We took a couple of days and went to Charleston. I love it so much! Clay & I went downtown and ate at Poogan's Porch. Lee & Martha Ann watched the kids for us and even changed a diaper! Congrats to the Grands!
Kids at their New School:
- They both seem to be adjusting well. Cody has been teaching the kids new songs and the word "poop". Abby carries her purse and several baby dolls with her every where she goes...she channels Martha Ann's diva-ness!
- I really, really love it. Everyone is so nice and have taken me in as one of their own. We spend most of the day laughing and occasionally take a break to play a few rounds of Catch Phrase. It is a great place to work. Everyone (and I mean everyone) on staff are top-notch genuinely nice people. Its a privilege to be there.
- Its Top Secret, can't say much about it! : ) Clay is playing bass at the Hope - Holly Springs Campus now. Tomorrow, he will be in the Holly Springs Christmas Parade!
- We were hoping to rent Blue Sky, but then opted to sell it (or which ever came first). We had an interested buyer, but that fell through. We currently have an interested renter...we're hoping that happens! So, if you know anyone looking for a beautiful custom home in the Charleston area....send them our way!
- Here in Raleigh, we put up a few Christmas decorations. All of our good stuff is still at Blue Sky! Clay & Cody made the angel for the tree out of paper. I am using a lot of the kids artwork from school as the ornaments....its cute. Simple, but cute.
Christmas is coming soon:
- The kids are getting excited about Christmas. Abby has already unwrapped some things (several times). So if your present looks like a cat got a hold of it, that's why. I haven't sent my Christmas cards yet. I lost most of my contacts, so I hope I get around to actually sending them this year....its just stuck on my "to do" list for now. If it doesn't happen....Merry Christmas to you anyway!
I'll leave you with a funny thing that happened the other day....
I had just strapped the kids into their car seats and we were leaving the church. It was around 5:30pm, so it was rather dark out. Abby kept asking me to turn the interior light on in the car and was saying it was dark and she was scared. I turned around and said, "Abby, it's ok. Don't be afraid." Without skipping a beat, Cody said to Abby, "You are going to have a baby....and his name will be Jesus."