Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Trip to Ohio & West Virginia (and Tennessee)

We traveled to Proctorville, Ohio to visit my family. It is near Huntington, WV (The Home of the Thundering Herd - Marshall University). That's where I went to college - Go Herd!!! We had a great trip up thanks to my mom who bought us a DVD player for the car. We watched 1,000 episodes of Mickey Mouse clubhouse, but it was worth every minute of it!

We stopped off in Charlotte and went to the Apple Store at the mall. Clay picked up his Christmas present there. Its a long story, but somehow we ended up going all the way to Bristol, TN before we realized that we had gone over 70 miles out of our way. We ended up staying over night in Virginia before finishing our trip on Thursday.




I was so excited to see my Grandma - I just love her to pieces! She even babysat the kids so Clay & I could run around and do a few things. She played ball with Cody and got on the floor to encourage Abby to roll over. Grandma has a stuffed squirrel on her wall in her living room that Cody insists that it is a "kitty". He found a nut that he wanted to feed it and kept calling out to it saying "kitty, kitty, kitty". We all got a good laugh out of it.



My Uncle Mike and his family came over to say hello while we were at my Grandma's house. I can't believe how big Taylor is now - she is a beautiful young woman and it seems like just yesterday she was just a baby. I wish that I could have seen my other cousins while I was visiting, but I didn't get to this time...maybe next time around we can all get together.






We always like to visit the Proctorville Flea Market when we are in town. There are always interesting people to see in addition to all of the unusual items for sale - this trip didn't disappoint us one bit. As we were leaving, we saw a fellow getting on his lawn mower. That would have been funny enough, but he had his oxygen tank strapped to the side of it. I had to get a picture of it...if you ever hear about a guy shooting through the air because his oxygen tank exploded on his way home on his lawn mower - you can say you heard about him here first.


Other places we always like to visit include Stewart's Hog Dogs (we went there twice!). They have the best hot dogs and root beer.

We also try to go to Gino's Pizza - we go to "The Pub" for the arcade games and the 8th Street Gino's for their gelato. This time, they were out of the Cookies N Creme gelato that we usually get - bummer!

Cody ended up winning a dinosaur in the game room at The Pub - as you can see Clay & I had some fun with the dinosaur and some raisins...hehehehe!







Here are some pictures from visiting with my dad. I had to take a picture of Abby on the Dale Earnhardt pillow. (I'm resisting a "you might be a redneck" joke right now).




Here is a picture of Cody trying on a pair of my dad's boots - he was super cute!

There were several people that I really wanted to see while we were up there but we just weren't able to get our schedules together. So I guess I will see all of you guys on the next trip!

2 comments:

Kinney Kids Parents said...

Still laughing out loud (trying to stay quiet as kids are sleeping) at the lawn mower riding, oxygen tank carrying dude. I think you could write a sociology/antropology book on your observations at this flea market.

Super Rog said...

If you take your oxygen tank while riding a lawn-mower...you might just be a redneck

If you take pictures of a man with an oxygen tank on his riding lawnmower, you might be a geek-neck.