Friday, January 11, 2008

Birthday Time!

I couldn't sleep last night. I was so excited for Cody's 2nd Birthday!

I offereded to bring cupcakes to school today for Cody's class so I started baking last night and came up with these lovely Elmo head cupcakes! They still need a nose though, so I am going to buy some M&Ms and put the orange ones on for noses. (I'll just have to eat the other colors of course!)

Several months ago, I read an article that says you take the age the child is turning and you add one to get the number of guests you should invite....so that would be three. It sounded like a good idea at the time. I started thinking about other kids his age and so I thought: Mackenzie, Emma, and of course Cody has to have Hannah over even though she is almost 12 (she is his favorite person). Well, that's three....but now there aren't any boys! So I wanted to invite Christopher, Cooper, Tradd...(and Coleman is invited of course even though she's only 1)...and I should have DJ to play with Coleman. Well, as you can figure the list grew a little bigger than three.


So, my brain kicked on last night and I came up with more Elmo games and decoration ideas to do. I don't know if I'll actually do it all or not, but it is fun thinking about it. I'll post more pictures later after his party and see how well I do with it all.

By the way, Happy Birthday to our friend Madyson!

Mady and Cody share the same birthday even though she is a few years older...how special! I remember when she was just a little girl. Look how cute she is. We love you Mady!

2 comments:

The Delaney Family said...

Can't wait to see you all tonight! The weirdest thing happened today--Emma asked for Elmo. She has never done that before! I told her we were going to see him tonight. :)

Lauren said...

Awww those cupcakes are so cute!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CODY!