Sunday, January 20, 2008

NewSpring Church Review

We went to visit NewSpring Church in Anderson, SC today.....

It was AWESOME! I'll have to write more about some of the details later, but here are some highlights from the trip:


The first thing we saw was a sign that said "First Time Visitors, Please Turn On Flashers" ...so I did.
And boy was everyone happy to see us! (This was one of my most favorite things about NewSpring.) We had about a dozen folks waving at us and guiding us into our front row parking spot. And on a cold, icy morning like today, that was a HUGE treat! We have to try this at Seacoast....I think it is a great idea.

As we approached the front door, even more greeters came over to welcome us....it was obvious that they were genuinely gald to have us there, but the best thing was that they were like that to everyone, not just us!


They made first time visitors feel VERY welcome - it was evident everywhere. They even had a special "First Time Visitor Check-In for the Children's Minsitry". I loved how they had manned stations and everyone was checked in and kids were assigned small groups. They had people making sure that all of the small groups were equally balanced. (how nice would that be?) There were greeters at every door....literally, every door.



The classrooms were fantastic! Clean, colorful, fun, and ready for the kids (people and supplies were all ready to go!) They even had their stage folks rehearsing their lines BEFORE service started. Small group leaders were there BEFORE the kids!
















Small groups were dived with these easy to make room barriers. They just printed the images on their plotter and hung them on the dividers. They had awesome room furniture...not sure where it was from, but notice the wheels for easy moving. Nice.

I loved the way they had themed their rooms and hallways (especially the nursery & preschool area)....here is just a sample of how cute everything was....very creative!


The 2 Year Olds were quietly seated and listening to the lady reading the Bible Story. Love this idea: The church provides sippycups for all the kids to use while they are there....cool!

They had a cart that they would push around during and between services with snacks for the volunteers. (very smart!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel like I am finally coming out of the closet....here it goes, I'll admit it... I am a weekly reader of the Stuckey Family Blog Not only do I read it, I depend on it to make me smile, laugh, and yes sometimes I even cry. There.. I said it, and I feel so much better now!
Thanks for keeping me "in the know"
I often podcast down the sermons from Newspring. I think one of the reasons I find Perry Noble so engaging is his passion!!! After hearing one of his sermons...I too want to jump and scream and wave the hanckie. Love the pictures! I can't wait to see what happens next for children's ministry at Seacoast!

Super Rog said...

I checked their site...cool they've a special needs minsitry.
Won by One kids at Seacoast Rock