Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween

Today will be Abby & Cody's first Halloween together. Their school is having a party this afternoon and all the kids are supposed to dress up in their costumes. Abby will be a fairy princess and Cody will be a penguin. If you didn't read the earlier posting about Abby's costume, it is really just a Build-A-Bear outfit that just happens to fit her. Is that bad to use clothes made for a stuffed animal to dress up your baby? I hope not....because she looks so cute!

We had not watched the movie Happy Feet when I bought his costume....I just thought it was cute and it didn't require too much other stuff (mask, gloves, make-up, etc.) The movie Happy Feet just happened to be on HBO last night and I tried to get Cody excited about watching it. He watched the first 30 minutes or so, but lost interest. I watched the whole thing and told Clay that I really don't care to see it ever again. It was animated well, but the story was just ok. It wasn't like Finding Nemo or Cars...now, I could watch them over and over, but not Happy Feet. Bummer.
I had to do a few test runs with the penguin costume over the last 2 weeks to make sure that he wasn't going to have a meltdown at school when I put it on him. There is still no guarantee of that, but at least I am trying to plan ahead. He seems to like wearing it now and has learned that the head is "a hat" as he calls it.


Then later this evening, we also have a neighborhood "Not So Scary" Halloween Gathering for the kids. I'm really excited about it and can't wait to see all of the neighborhood kids in their costumes. I think it will be fun. I'm not sure how we will hand out candy and trick-or-treat at the same time. Hmm...maybe we will have to take shifts? I haven't thought it all out that far. Hey, I'm just happy that I remembered to get costumes! Now I just need to get the candy, carve the pumkins, light the candles, and the list goes on and on. I love being a mom!

No comments: