Thursday, October 11, 2007

Happy Anniversary - 4 years together!


















































Today is our 4 year anniversay! Wow, it seems longer than that....but in a good way!

As I was looking through some wedding pictures to put on the blog, I came across an old journal that I had started several years ago. It documented how we met, our first date, first kiss, etc. The cool thing was that I found a note that I had written to Clay after he proposed to me. Here is that journal entry:

January 8, 2003

I’m engaged!!!!!

Clay asked me to marry him tonight while we were at JB Pivots for a swing night. I am so excited! I can’t wait! We are going to have an awesome life together. I just finished writing him a letter that I am going to give to him tomorrow morning. I thought I would copy it to my journal, in case he would happen to lose it. Here it goes:


Dear sweetheart,

As I am writing this, I am still trembling from the excitement. Tonight, you have made a dream come true – you asked me to marry you! We’re engaged!!!

As a little girl (and often as a bigger girl) I have tried to imagine what it would be like to find “The One” and finally know that you want to spend the rest of your life with that one person. But all of my hopes and all of my dreams don’t even compare to the love & happiness that I have found in you.

Your love of God, your dedication to your work, and your devotion to your friends are only a few characteristics of how awesome you are. Your consistency in our relationship shows me the true commitment you have for me.

I have never doubted your love for me and I promise never to cause you to question the depth of my love for you. There are two things I know for certain: 1. That God is my eternal and 2. You are my now. I couldn’t imagine anyone else who I would rather spend the rest of my life with.

May the music of our love play only louder each day. May each movement we make be together, balanced, and connected by our hearts and our hands. And may this dance last a lifetime…together!

I love you so much!

Your loving fiancé,
Terri


Clay, I love you more today than I ever have. You are so special to me and together we have an amazing life and a beautiful family. I cherish every day I have with you. Thank you for marrying me 4 years ago and I look forward to sharing many more wonderful years with you as your loving wife. Happy Anniversary sweatheart! - Terri

1 comment:

Pam and Hannah said...

wow! you guys have made 4 yrs. What a Blessing to be still so In Love.