Monday, October 22, 2007

A Day at the Pumpkin Patch

We took the kids to the Pumpkin Patch at Boone Hall Plantation this weekend. Most of these pictures are of Cody. Abby was asleep the whole time. We realized (too late) that we should have come earlier because Cody had a meltdown on our way out and screamed at the top of his lungs as Clay carried him out to the car.

It was a great time overall. Cody went up to pumpkins and kicked them as he said "ball"! He wanted to pick up the big ones but he couldn't get them to budge. I tried giving him little ones to hold, but he just threw them down on the ground. I guess to Cody bigger is better!
In this picture of him with a little girl, he was telling her "no"! I guess out of 100,000 pumpkins they had to fight over that one.


We tried to get him to go in the jumpcastle, but he didn't want anything to do with it. He did like the maze, but figured out that you could just lift up the wall and crawl out. Who needs to go back & forth through a maze when you can just cut through the wall?

The next big adventure was the goats and rabbits. You could buy feed to give to the animals, but I didn't want him to get it on his hands (I'm not a germaphobe, but it was kinda gross). Plus, I thought he would try eating it. So, he just watched the other kids try to feed the animals. It was going well until he went over and tried to pull the rabbit poop out of the cage. Yum!


I was hoping that we could get a nice family picture of us all together. (I'm still not sure if we have a nice one of the four of us yet - that's sad!) But no luck getting a family photo that day. It was hard enough keeping track of Cody running around everywhere. I did manage to get a picture of Clay & Cody together. I couldn't get Cody to look at the camera, but that was around the time of the meltdown, so that's not too bad taking it all into consideration.


Here's a couple other pictures from the day. One was of me trying to get Cody to stand in front of the measurement sign. You can tell that he was thrilled to do that. You can see my hand trying to position him while he was refusing, but....resistance is futile!

This is the cutest one we could get of him with the pumpkins....still not looking at the camera. Oh well! Maybe next year...





No comments: