Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Beetle Juice

I've been noticing that my flowers are looking a little funny lately. Some of the petunias had chew marks on them and we started noticing more and more insects in the soil.

We also noticed that our neighbors had these funny looking bags hanging in their yards. I asked around and it seems that we have Japanese Beetles eating away at our plants and trees. So, yesterday we joined the battle of the beetles and got some beetle traps for our yard too. In one day, we have caught about 50 beetles! Wow!

Hopefully, we will win this battle. I have worked too hard to keep these plants alive. They came with us from Charleston and despite my black thumb, they are thriving. I'll keep you posted on our beetle epidemic.




1 comment:

The Delaney Family said...

I remember Japanese beetles from back home in Rock Hill...and those lovely beetle bags. I hope your plants make it!