Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Mid-Week Update

This has been a fun week so far. Sunday, I got to go to Edisto Beach for a Planning Retreat with the Children's Ministry Team. I'm excited about the things we have planned for 2008. I'm looking forward to the new and creative ways of doing church for kids. I really love my job and the people I work with...and I'm not just saying that in case my boss reads the blog. And I really love working for Scott (that was incase he reads my blog).

Monday, Clay started cleaning out the garage.....and it is looking great! I'll send a post on that on that later. It deserves its own special blog.















In the meantime, here are a couple of pictures of the kids. I really need to get a good picture of all four of us together. It would be really cool if we could manage to get a picture where everyone is looking at the camera and smiling. I never realized how hard it is to take pictures of kids. This picture of me with the kids took about 8 takes and it still looks like I am dropping Abby and Cody has on a forced smile. Oh well! I'll settle with this for now. Man, we have cute kids! : )

We took the kids to Grandad & Mamaw's house for dinner on Tuesday. Cody had a great time cleaning out their kitchen cabinets (he doesn't get to do that at home) and playing ball with Grandad. He had two firsts....his first popsicle and his first perlow (sp?). Perlow is a southern dish that is made up of mostly chicken & rice. They served it with butter beans...yummmy! Abby got a chance to play with Mamaw during dinner. It was nice to sit down to eat a meal without having to stop to feed the baby. Thank God for grandparents!

Wednesday, I got a chance to go to my new favorite spot....the Chick-fil-A parking lot. I know it doesn't seem like it would be a place to relax, but I can grab my "number 5, 8-pack with a sweet tea" and park facing a pond and just watch the turtles and ducks while I eat my chicken. Usually the fountain is spraying out, but this time it was off and the turtles were out on the fountain base. I figured they were chatting about how people should "eat more chicken".

2 comments:

The Delaney Family said...

Isn't it sad when we become moms and our favorite places are those where we can just get some quiet--even if it's in a parking lot in Mount Pleasant? Hope you're having a great day off!

Anonymous said...

WOW! such a good baby learning to suck so young forget the toy come suck my c--k