Friday, September 7, 2007

6 weeks - growth spurt

Abby is about 10lbs now and is already outgrowing some of her newborn-size clothes. She is obviously going through some sort of growth spurt this week because she is having odd sleeping & eating patterns.

On Monday, she gave us two 4-hour sleep periods, which was great! I only had to feed her at 2am, which was so exciting that I didn't even bother waking Clay up. So, when he woke up the next morning, I said, "You slept through the night honey!". I think we were hoping that it was going to be a regular sleep pattern for her, but it hasn't happened again yet.

Today, she was awake most of the day and very hungry. I felt like all I did today was feed her. (I managed to squeeze in Dr.Phil and Oprah so I'm ok!) She loves to stretch out her arms and legs and doesn't care too much about being covered up with a blanket (and you can forget about swaddling her). I think I have mastered the art of burping Abby...I feel so proud of myself when I can get a big, loud one out of her. The trick is to just sit her up and slowly tilt her forward at the waist. Once she relaxes, it just comes out...no more banging on her back. Its amazing how a small thing like that can seem like a huge accomplishment.

I went back to work as of this week and have been figuring out the whole "traveling with 2 kids" thing. It takes planning and coordination that is for sure. In the morning, I have to take one down to the car and then come back up and get the other. Cody usually doesn't enjoy that so much, so I have to bribe him with Teddy Grahams to get him to stop crying. I'm sure his teachers just love that I get him jacked up on sugar before dropping him off at school. I guess that's why they hook him up with a full bottle of juice before he comes home each day. : )

Speaking of Cody, he is doing great. He is learning more words and how to count - he amazes me how much he is learning each day. I thought I would throw in a few pictures from tonight's night-night ritual. He usually just watches the "Good Night Show" on PBS Kids and enjoys a bottle of milk (yes I give him a bottle at night, got a problem with that?). Tonight he wanted to read his Toddler Bible and play a game of "PeeBoo" (aka peek-a-boo) with his monkey blanket before going to bed. Man, he is too cute!

No comments: