Friday, August 31, 2007

Mommy & Baby Small Group

Lisa Surratt organized our first meeting of the mommies (and babies) this week. I have to admit that I used to make fun of all the women who started bonding just because of their kids. You know the ones, you see them hanging out at Starbucks chatting away while their babies sleep away in their carriers. They always look so happy and I have secretly envied them because I still work full-time and could never imagine planning a time to just hang out with other mommies discussing poopy diapers and breast pumps.

Well, this week I did it. I joined several other "Seacoast Mommies" for some good old-fashioned fellowship.....and I loved it! We are all going through alot of the same things - all of our babies were born within a few weeks of each other - which is really cool. (People have been afraid to drink the water at Seacoast because of how fertile our church has been this past year.)

Anyway, we decided to meet on Tuesdays and I hear that there are plans for a "Mommies Night Out" in a few weeks! (I'm excited just thinking about it.)

Well, we forgot to take pictures of all of the kids together, but we managed to get Miles, Abby & Riley together for a picture right before we left. I'll be sure to keep you updated on Abby's new friends (and mine too).

No comments: