Monday, August 20, 2007

High School Musical 2 Review

For those who live in a cave, "High School Musical 2" aired this past Friday on Disney Channel. I along with 17 million other viewers tuned in to set a viewership record, making the movie's debut the most-watched basic cable telecast of all time. Can you believe that?

FYI: "High School Musical," one of 10 original movies set to air on the Disney Channel in 2006, was seen by 200 million viewers in 100 countries.
My take on it: It was not as good as the first (most sequels aren't), but I really enjoyed it. The storyline was predictable and a couple of the songs were lame. The great choreography and close-ups on Troy Bolton (Zac Efron) made up for the not-so-good stuff. I especially liked that Gabriella was always dressed modestly in the movie and stayed cool, calm & collected even though Sharpay was trying to steal her man. I also liked the fact that Ryan was "macho-ed up" with the baseball scene - he really needed that before he was cast for Will & Grace. They could have left out the big plunge in the pool at the end though - sort of cheesey.
So overall, I give it a 4 out of 5 thumbs up. Rumors have it that HSM3 will be in the theaters and HSM4 is already in the works. Can't wait!
(By the way, this post was not written by Clay. I'm sure he would want me to mention that!)

No comments: