Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Tuesday

Tuesday night, I was at church practicing for Christmas Eve services. Lee came in looking for me...he told me that Clay had been in an accident. He was hit on his way to pick up the kids from daycare. My heart stopped for a minute as I was trying to wrap my brain around everything.

I haven't seen the car yet, but from what Clay says, the car is most likely totaled. He was hit almost head on and his car ran out into the marsh. We went by there this morning to look at the crash site and it amazed me to see the distance that his car went after being hit. Fortunately he was wearing his seat belt and the airbags deployed. He said he was going to write a note to Ford thanking them for building such a good car that kept him safe during the accident.

Clay only has a few aches and pains, but nothing serious. The other driver is ok too, only hurt his hand. Its things like this that reminds you how precious life is and how it can totally change in a blink of an eye. We are thanking God for protecting him in this accident and that the kids were not with him when it happened.

I hope to add more pictures soon as we get them.

No comments: