Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving in Stuckey, SC

About an hour and a half north of Charleston (up Hwy 41 and just left of Hemmingway), you'll venture into a town called Stuckey, SC. That is where we spent our Thanksgiving. Mama Sue opened up her home to all of us for a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner in her new home. She had it all decorated for Christmas (tree & all) and even had place cards for us at the dinner table. Clay took advantage of a "Peace" craft that was out on a table by re-arranging the letters.
The food was terrific as always. She had made something called "pear salad' (made of lettuce, pears, mayo, cheese & cherries)...never heard of anything like it before...must be a Southern thing. I didn't try it, but I did take a picture of it.
The kids had a great time visiting with Heath & Willow. I realized after I got home, that I didn't take any pictures of the kids all together. Here are a few from what I did manage to get...I purposefully left out any pics of Abby throwing up before and after dinner (you're welcome!).










1 comment:

Super Rog said...

That pear salad looks like it would of rocked. Course, I am a Southerner.