Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Change is here!


I am not angry, upset, embarrassed, or ashamed of Obama's victory. If anything, I'm relieved that its over. Now we can change.

After clinching an historic victory, President-elect Barack Obama wakes up Wednesday morning to the task of uniting a divided country and laying the groundwork for an ambitious presidential agenda.

Obama will inherit on Jan. 20 the worst financial crisis in 70 years, as well as the task of winning the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Within minutes of taking the stage in Chicago Tuesday night to acknowledge becoming the first black president of the United States, Obama cautioned voters of the tough road ahead.

"Our climb will be steep. We may not get there in one year or even in one term. But, America, I have never been more hopeful than I am tonight that we will get there," Obama said in Grant Park.

And to those who did not back his candidacy, Obama said, "I will be your president, too," and noted the need to "heal the divides that have held back our progress." (Fox News 11/5/08)


When I go to church and see thousands of adults enter those doors week after week, when I see hundreds of little kids raising their hands in worship, when I see elementary students going to the cross with their prayers, when I hear of huge life-change happening in our student ministry, when I see new campuses opening to make room for more Christ-seekers.....I know there is change happening already....regardless of who is President.

(I'm paraphrasing Lanny here...) There is phenomenal evidence of God working in the lives of individuals, who have a lot…and who have nothing. What we all have is an opportunity to walk with and experience the character and wonder and grace of the Creator of this Universe. I have yet to see negativity, fear, cynicism (ok well i kinda like to be a cynic now and then) rudeness, blame,and a mean spirit, to take anyone down the road to the wonder of God.

I have seen people who are dissatisfied use their gifts and influence to make a difference in all of the lives around them.

The character of people of God has historically been used in times of doubt to take us to new and incredible places. Things are the way they are. God hasn’t given us the spirit of fear, but of LOVE , and POWER and of a SOUND MIND.

My friend Kevin had a shirt on the other night that said "Be the Moon, Reflect the Son" I love that! The world needs us to reflect him more than ever before, no matter who may have won this election.

What do you say we decide to show the world now who God is….I am more convinced than ever that our benediction is based on a verse that we should adhere to with grace and humbleness….and strength. Ephesians 3:20 says, “Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us.”

So, grow up and follow… and lead… and watch what God does.
This is our planet. Hold on to the one who made it and help to light it up!

Change is here!