Friday, October 3, 2008

Grading the Debate

Headlines are reading: "Palin better, but Biden wins" and "Palin gets back on track, but Biden wins"....were these people watching the same debate that I saw last night? Sarah Palin was simply amazing and I felt like I was cheering for the SuperBowl as she held her own throughout the debate with confidence and competence. She is one smart cookie!

I saw this poll on CNN.com and rated the debate....
I gave my rating for Palin, giving her an A for last nights performance. After I voted, you can see the overall average grade from all readers...it was a D. What?! So, I then rated Biden with a C...then, it showed that my vote was for him was an A and the average grade by readers was a B. Did you catch that? It showed that my vote was for Biden was an A...and it wasn't! I thought it may have been a fluke, so I retook the poll.... this time, selecting a big fat F for Biden and saw that it selected my vote for Biden as an A again! Something seems fishy. Is it just me?

What they didn't talk much about during the debate...was this HUGE Bailout (which was passed and signed into law today) and what it really means to the American people. There is so much "pork" stuffed into this bill. Want to know what we just paid $700 Billion for?

"Tucked into pages 262 and 263 of the bill, for example, are provisions that will aid the manufacturers of "certain wooden arrows designed for use by children." The bill will exempt the arrows from an excise tax of 39 cents. There are also tax breaks for race-track owners, for rum imported from Puerto Rico, for worsted wool makers, Hollywood film and television production companies and on and on."

Want to see it for yourself? Read the Top 10 "Sweetners" in the Bailout Plan. By the way...the $700 Billion plan is estimated to ultimately cost well over $1 Trillion. What! Angry yet? Let your representatives know...send them an email to let them know how you really feel.

After the bill passed today, Republican leader John Boehner of Ohio appealed to a higher authority, invoking a familiar motto: "Remember those words today: In God we trust. Because we're going to need his help."
Oh, how true...how true indeed!

1 comment:

Kinney Kids Parents said...

I am sooooooooooo with you!! That plan stinks. Is anyone in government actually for the people? I think that in Nov. we should have gotten the chance to vote on that plan and even that people should have been able to submit their own plans etc. I'm so furious!! If that money had gone directly into our pockets, things could have been changed for years to come but I really don't have hope that this will "bail" out our economy. Bet we have a depression anyway. UGH!!