Sunday, August 17, 2008

Grandma & Great-Grandma's Visit

I love spending time with my family - I wish they lived closer. Here are a few pictures from my mom and grandma's visit. My grandma wouldn't smile for the camera much though. This first one is one of my favorites....she is beautiful!

Here is a rare picture of the three of us just goofing off. This is so out of character for my Grandma, but I'm glad she played along. It is scary to see how much we look alike....but the main thing to notice is that I am actually taller than someone else! Woo hoo...score one for me!!!! : )

On Thursday, we went downtown and went to the Market. Here is a picture of us on the steps of the old market building.

Great Grandma got to spend so much time with Abby & Cody - mainly feeding Abby, playing ball with Cody and just entertaining them in the car. Here is one picture of the kids fast asleep - she is holding Cody's head up for him and you can see Abby is asleep too in the mirror.




Abby's fever & rash came back full-force and her little body was covered with red sores. The doctor said it was probably a virus and not her immunization that caused it. Either way, she was miserable and it broke my heart that she was so unhappy while they were here. She was still cute though....not sure how she makes red sores look cute, but she does.


Cody got his first real football from Grandma and Great Grandma. He was so proud of it that he has been carrying it around and even sleeping with it. We got the green & white one of course in support of the Thundering Herd - Go Herd! Make sure to watch the video clip of Cody saying "We are...Marshall!"


Abby was trying out all kinds of new sounds this week. At one point we were encouraging her to say "Hi Grandma!" and she actually did! I wish I had it on camera...I could be $10,000 richer right now. I can tell that she had a great bond with her Great Grandma...then again, who wouldn't?
















Here are a few shots of us at Breach Inlet between Sullivan's Island and Isle of Palms. I love this view of the ocean. In this picture is our family (I have to get a group photo when I can) and the other is of 4 generations in one picture. Ahhh!

1 comment:

Super Rog said...

Seeing pictures of your grandmother makes me see how blessed you are. I never knew my grandparents, but I had surragate grandparents in aunts and uncles.

My parents adopted me when they were in their late 30's. They were both amoung the youngest in their families and their siblings had older children by the time I was born.

My dad's sister, Elsie and her husband David [Aunt Elsie and Uncle David to me] were like my paternal grandparents. They still are to a point.

My mom's--now only living--sibiling and her husband were my maternal surragate grand parents. Aunt Chris and Uncle Harvey are great people.