Friday, February 15, 2008

From Toes to Tourists

What a great day! I enjoyed the first part of today with my friend Amber and we had mani-pedi's and then had lunch on Shem Creek. It was great!


Then, I met up with my new friend Lauren and showed her around downtown Charleston. She had never seen the sweet grass basket ladies up close. The tiniest little baskets were $10 bucks each and one really big basket was $750.00! (We didn't buy any if you are wondering!)


Seeing all of the beautiful sights made me realize that I need to go downtown more often. We went all over and took some cool photos. Here are some pictures from the rooftop over Grill 225 and the Rooftop at Vendue Inn.



We then went to Waterfront Park and walked out to the end of the pier. We saw a cargo ship coming into the harbor and got a good shot of a seagull and lots of poop!



Here is one of Lauren at the fountain...she wouldn't run through the water though.


The Southeastern Wildlife Expo is going on this weekend, so we got a chance to see some cool animals in Marion Square....











...the alligator ate Lauren at the end....so sad!




No comments: