Tuesday, February 5, 2008

"I got a new drug..."


I thought that the amount of time and energy I have been investing into this blog was more than I could manage to squeeze into a week, but now I have been introduced to yet another way to waste huge amounts of time in order to be electronically connected to more people who I rarely would ever speak to in person. It goes by the name of:

Haven't heard of it? Oh it should be called "crack book"...because it is totally addicting! You start off by trying to build up "friends" who also have facebook pages (I guess that's what they are called).

Need friends? No problem. Simply look up names of people you know.

Can't think of names right off hand? No problem. Type in any place you have ever lived, went to school, worked at, been to, thought about going to or know someone who has ever lived there, worked there or knew someone else who might have been there...(get my drift?).

Then you get huge lists of "facebookers" (my made-up word that is equivalent to being a "blogger"). Don't see anyone there you would want to invite as your friend? No problem. Just click and look at all of their friends. See someone on their friend list that you would want as your friend? Just click and invite them. Before you know it you have lots and lots of new friends.

Everybody likes to have friends, but how many friends do you really need? That's when the addiction kicks in. You think..."Man, I only have 4 friends right now. I bet I can think of some more people I know." So you end up looking up anyone who has attended your high school 10 years before and after you trying to figure out if you have ever heard of any of them.

Ah, you found one! But do you think they would want to be your friend even if you haven't spoken to them in 15+ years? Hmmm...who cares! I NEED MORE FRIENDS!!!!!! (and the addicition is now full-blown)

By the way, if anyone wants to be my friend, just write on my wall or send me a message to my facebook and I'll gladly accept. Maybe we can be BFF or something cool like that. : )

3 comments:

Robinson Family said...

Too funny! I had a girlfriend from high school I haven't spoken to in over 14 years contact me. Now I realize I was just being used. I don't even have a facebook page. She found me through my husband. Ha! Thanks for shedding light on this.

Super Rog said...

Now you have me on it!!! Short people are so annoying

The Delaney Family said...

I see that you have gotten everyone else addicted, too. I'm impressed!