Saturday, February 2, 2008

Cody's First Car Show

Cody & Abby went to their first Car Show today at the Gilliard today. There were only about 50 or so cars there. I remember going to really big car shows growing up so this one seemed rather small. They handed us a ballot as we entered that we were to use to vote for our favorite. This one was my favorite....





It was a 1956 Olds "98 Holiday". It had 88,000 miles on it but it didn't look like it had touched the pavement. The seats had been restored (at least the leather part), I think he said the green part was original. Some of the chrome had been replaced with stainless steel. Some really neat features that it had was power windows, power antenna, a 6 way power seat and an autronic eye in the window - this automatically dim the lights when it sees an oncoming car. Being there today really makes me wish that we had a hot rod. I just love car shows!!!!!

Oh yeah, this blog was called "Cody's First Car Show". He liked it too. I think he liked the "cycles"...they had motorcycles entered too. And he liked the Corvettes - but what boy doesn't? Abby was asleep most of the time and when she woke up she didn't seem too impressed. One lady came up and was asking me how old "he" was and telling me how cute "he" was....she was saying all this while I was fixing the bow in Abby's hair. Hello, she's a girl! Oh well.

No comments: