Friday, May 29, 2009

Leaving Charleston


Wow....only a few more days until we leave Charleston, SC. There are so many things I love about the Lowcountry. Here are a few of my favorite things:
  • Our friends!!!!
  • Our family
  • Seacoast Church
  • Downtown (in general)
  • The gorgeous sunsets & sunrises
  • Lowcountry cuisine
  • Boiled peanuts
  • Shem Creek
  • Alhambra Hall
  • Dancing on the Yorktown
  • The list goes on and on and on....
It's hard to believe, but there are a few things I won't miss when we leave Charleston. Some things I won't miss:
  • Palmetto bugs!
  • Allergies
  • Sweltering heat & humidity
  • Potholes
  • Hurricanes
  • The smell from Westvaco when driving over the bridge


All in all, there are way more reasons to love this town and all the wonderful people who live here. We aren't "gone"....just think of us as being one state up.

3 comments:

Laurel LaFlamme said...

Yeah, that horrible "stanky" smell coming over the bridge.

Life is funny. My career took me away from Charleston for a few years. When I got back for good and got a whiff of that old, familiar stinky paper mill...it was glorious.

The sights, sounds, and even the smells of home were all of a sudden delightful because I was so happy to be back.

I wonder, where are you moving off to? I'm sure you will have marvelous Family adventures and make tons of new friends in fellowship.

I can certainly feel you pain (a little bit). Nashville was home base for 3 years and New Orleans for 5 years. Still, I felt there was nothing quite like living in Charleston.

I wouldn't trade my adventures for anything. Wherever you end up, you can become a great representative of courtesy and southern hospitality.

When you get to come back to visit, you will be filled with such grand appreciation and even see Charleston in a whole new light.

May you experience a safe move and an easy transition. Remember, it's not the final destination...it's how you appreciate the journey along the way.

Kinney Kids Parents said...

No! No, you did not put a roach on your nose!!!!!!!??????? They are the bain of my existence!!! And, about the move, totally in denial about it!!!!! We will miss you tremendously. Move back soon!! Blessings to you all and on your new adventure.

The Stuckey Family said...

Hahaha! No that wasn't me. It was a stock photo I found. I thought it looked alot like Jessica in the Thorn. She played Martha.