Saturday, January 17, 2009

Trip to the Aquarium

Our family outing was to the SC Aquarium this weekend. I thought the feature exhibit was penguins, but no...it was snakes! Yeah.

Cody and Abby had no problem at all touching the snakes. Cody acted like a pro, using two fingers to touch the skin and avoiding the head, just like the snake handler told him. Abby even had fun touching the sea urchins and snails. She then put her fingers in her mouth, which grossed me out when I really started thinking about it.

The kids loved playing on the boat and in Camp Carolina. They could spend hours there if we let them. Maybe next time!







I also found this cookbook in the gift shop and took a picture of it. I thought it was funny that it said "Charleston Receipts" instead of "Charleston Recipes". I was told that it is an old spelling, but I'm thinking its an old misspelling. Either way, I got a good chuckle out of it.

3 comments:

The Delaney Family said...

I forget why, but my Mom told me that it is common to see "Receipts" on the recipe books from Charleston. She has a few that say "receipts"...it would be interesting to find out why, though.

imabug said...

the penguin exhibit should be opening sometime late March or early April

Super Rog said...

Receipts is an olde spelling for receipes.