Sunday, January 11, 2009

Cody's Birthday Party at the Fire Museum

Cody's Birthday was so much fun at the Fire Museum. I may come back and write a bit more later, but the main highlights were seeing all the friends who came, watching the kids play in the museum, and having a real firefighter come to visit the kids. We also had some folks from church come and take some pictures (we didn't even ask for it!) and these are those pics below. Thank you Gary, Melinda & Sully!

Firefighter Keith was in NYC during the 9/11 attacks. He came and talked to the kids and some of the dads. I am sure he has some great stories to tell, but I wasn't able to chat with him much during the party. The kids had fun looking at his gear an trying on his "real" fire helmet. Thank you Keith!

Cody was so overwhelmed by all the friends, food and presents - you'll see he looks exhausted in most of the pictures. He was so excited about his cake too - a firetruck cake! He even wore his own fire chief outfit while he blew out his candles. Man, he is cute!

I told him later, "I can't believe you are three years old!" He replied enthusiastically, "I can't either!" : )

Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone who came, who gave Cody presents (I don't know what we will do with it all), for those who helped set up & tear down, to Publix (for an awesome cake that was way better than anything I could have made) and to the staff at the Fire Museum for putting up with our friends & family. We had a great time!

No comments: