Sunday, December 9, 2007

Seacoast Christmas Gala



What a fun night at the Volunteer Appreciation Christmas Gala!!!!

I can't begin to tell you how much fun it was to see all of our friends and their spouses all decked out for the big event. I got to go with a Super Hottie...check out the tux! : )
It was so nice to see everyone dressed up - especially all of the Kidsocast team members. We normally have to wear our blue Kidscoast shirts on the weekends, so this was a special treat!

They had the red carpet rolled out to greet everyone as they entered the building. People cheered and clapped as we entered - really making us feel special. The food was outstanding - shrimp & grits, carved turkey, great desserts, etc. Yum-O!



















Speaking of desserts, we had to trick Betsy Dross by telling her that we needed her help with the desserts & coffee at the Gala....but really she was winning the Lifetime Achievment Award. (See the picture of "Pastor Greg" presenting the award) We knew she wouldn't come unless we tricked her...sorry Betsy, but did it because we love you!!!! Betsy does so much for Kidscoast and she was my right-hand-woman during VBS over the past few years. I can't begin to list all of the ways she contributes her time & energy to our church. She is a true servant and I am blessed just to have her in my life.



Melissa Pridemore won the award from the Children's Ministry Team. She is an amazing woman who helps us in so many ways. Just this past year, she served in Preschool, Upper & Lower Elementary and served as a Small Group Leader, Worship Leader, Room Leader & Schedule Coordinator. On top of all of that, she is a busy mom and she is very involved in Girl Scouts and the Downs Syndrome Association of the Lowcountry. She is such an inspiration and I wish I can have half of the enthusiasm and energy she has!


I just love this picture of me with Jen Lewey. Look at the woman over Jen's shoulder...I don't know why I find it so funny! : )







And here a a few more pictures of some of the beautiful people I get to spend my weekends with at Seacoast. This was the most fun I've had at church in a long time...I wish we could do this every week!










2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you looked so pretty! that pic of us is really funny. that woman eating behind us- hahaha! And I don't know what I was doing????

Jenn

The Delaney Family said...

Love the pictures! That was a really fun night--and I agree about the Kidscoast shirt thing. I barely recognized you. :)