Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

I woke up this morning and decided to make the family a Valentine's Breakfast. I don't remember the last time I made pancakes...thus the horrible breakfast I made this morning.
Clay was gracious enough to eat all three of his (I guess enough syrup can help anything!). But the kids made it very clear that they weren't enjoying the pancakes at all. At one point, Cody tried to feed them to the cat, but we told him not to do that so then he kept asking when he could feed them to our dog Miga.
After everyone had stomached all we could handle, we piled up a mound of yucky pancakes and fed them to the dog. She loved them! Glad someone did.
In my attempt to salvage what was left of my Vday gesture, I wanted to complete the morning with a family photo. Clay went to the couch to lay down because he's not feeling well. (I don't think it has anything to do with the breakfast!) The kids refused to stand next to each other and look at the camera. Although Cody took perfect direction when I asked him to stand next to Miga and smile. I do have one picture of Cody with Abby (almost choking her) while he showed off the pancakes he has had in his mouth for the last 10 minutes. Lovely!
So, that's how we celebrate Valentines Day in our family. I would love to hear how you celebrate your V-Day at your house, so leave a comment. : )



No comments: