Saturday, November 17, 2007

A Week in Review


I haven't had a lot of free time to write on the blog lately. Plus, Cody seems to think that Elmo lives in my computer. Every time I sit down to type, he comes over and insists on seeing Elmo. Its all my fault because I thought it would be fun to show him the Sesame Street website....big mistake!
Also, I have completed the 1,000th reading (today) of "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do you see?" I'll add this to Cody's recommended reading list.

Our evenings are pretty much the same each night. Abby drinks a bottle as soon as we get home then sleeps until about midnight. She must be worn out from having such a big day at school. Then she wakes up at 12, 3 and 6am EVERY night! We are trying to adjust her eat/sleep pattern to help with this. my goal is to have her sleeping through the night by next week.

I think she weighs a little over 13 lbs now and is growing like a weed. She wears 3 - 6 month clothes and is actually outgrowing some of the 3 month thngs (in length).


Cody's evenings are a whirlwind of playing ball, reading books, watching TV, jumping on the couch and making messes (in general). And I can't forget... reading the "Brown Bear" book over & over again!


Cody has been practicing putting on shoes...any shoes. He'll try on all of his shoes and then anyone else's that he can find. I think its cute, but Clay doesn't like it when Cody tries to walk in my heels. He looks so cute when he is in Daddy's shoes...he looks like a little man.
His new phrase that he has picked up is "oh no!" He says it for anything. He saw a leaf that had fallen off of my plant and he was saying "oh no, oh no, oh no!" I thought something was terribly wrong....but no. I'm assuming this too is "just a phase" he's going through. : )

Oh yeah, he got bit again at school. This time on the cheek! They wouldn't tell me who did it - only that "a child" went to hug Cody but ended up biting him instead. Talk about tough love!
It just so happened to be the day before "picture day" at school, so I hope it doesn't show too bad.
It really looks like someone with lipstick kissed him on the cheek. He doesn't act like it bothers him though.


Clay and I are still working on losing weight. He has lost 25 lbs already! (He's hot!) I'll put up some pictures on the blog later so you can see the difference.
Our refrigerator looks so different than it did a couple of months ago. We have soy milk, bean sprouts, tofu and tons of fresh fruit and vegetables in there now. Its like we've been abducted by aliens! : )

No comments: